David Miller is a recognized champion of citizen-centred service across Canada and throughout the world. In recent years, he has been:
- a key leader in the development of citizen-centred services such as online tax filing;
- a visionary collaborator working with provincial and municipal colleagues to deliver seamless, integrated service;
- a tireless supporter of the Lac Carling Congress as a member of the organizing committee;
- a willing advisor on citizen-centred service to governments in Canada and around the world; and
- an invaluable colleague and friend to all within the public-sector service community.
David Miller began his public service career at the bottom of the ladder as a Clerk 1 and will end it at the most senior level. During this time he has been a visionary leader, exemplifying the qualities that the Heintzman Leadership Award was established to recognize: outstanding and sustained leadership in not only delivering citizen-centred services, but in truly transforming public services – working horizontally across jurisdictions to make services available in a seamless and integrated way for Canadians.