Roy Wiseman is a recognized visionary and strategic leader who has worked tirelessly in leading the transformation of governments into citizen-centric enterprises. Examples of his ongoing leadership include:
- Leading the Region of Peel to:
- A Silver Award at the 2000 GTEC Conference
- A Gold Award for the Best Municipal GIS submission at the 2002 URISA Ontario conference
- A Technology in Government Distinction Award in 2001
- The E. A. Danby Award in 2002 from the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario, and,
- Awards of Excellence at Showcase Ontario in 2002-2005.
- Making immense contributions to citizen-centric principles and practices through his leadership of the Municipal Information Systems Association of Ontario (MISA Ontario), including continuous serving on the Executive since 1991.
- Serving as a municipal representative on the National CIO Subcommittee on Information Protection, sitting on the Public Sector Chief Information Officer Council on behalf of MISA Canada, and serving as Secretary of the Board of Directors for the ICCS. He also continues to be a tireless supporter of the Lac Carling Congress, including serving as Municipal Co-Chair in both 2006-2007.
In recognition of his outstanding, innovative and transformational leadership in promoting citizen-centred approaches to service delivery, the Institute for Citizen-Centred Service proudly awards Roy Wiseman the 2007 Heintzman Leadership Award.